Fodor's Expert Review The House Hotel Bosphorus
Muallim Naci Cad., Salhane Sok. 1, Istanbul, Istanbul, 34347, Turkey
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
Most of the stylish accommodations in this restored late-19th-century waterfront mansion and the small annex just behind it have views of the Bosphorus, and some have private balconies; all are decorated in a chic, contemporary style—warm woods, neutral textiles, brass lamps, and engraved mirrors—with historical touches like high ceilings and floral moldings. Bathrooms, done in mottled white marble, have rain showers (two suites have claw-foot tubs). The breakfast area and café/lounge, which overlooks the water and a branch of the trendy House Café, is so relaxing you might forget to leave.
- hip hotel with intimate feel
- waterfront location in charming Ortaköy
- exceptionally attentive service
- standard rooms and some bathrooms are small
- located in popular nightlife area that can be loud at night
- main road to other parts of Istanbul often traffic-clogged
Rate Includes: Free Breakfast