- Kreis 1: The Historic Core. Zürich's Altstadt (Old Town) is the main reason you're here. The east bank Niederdorf and Oberdorf neighborhoods are noted both for their cultural goodies and their lively bars and restaurants.
- Kreis 2. This splendid neighborhood of leafy streets and 150-year-old villas is home to the Museum Rietberg, where Richard Wagner wrote his famed Wesendonck Songs.
- Kreis 5: Zürich West. For something different, head here to check out the modern architecture—since the 1990s the area has made room for trendy lofts and hip clubs.
- Kreis 7. Upscale houses crawl up the Zürichberg hill, which is topped with an elaborate zoo and the cemetery where James Joyce was interred in 1941—and still draws many fans to the Irish writer's grave.
- Kreis 8. With its shoreline promenade and opportunities for swimming in the lake, this is especially a draw in summer, when the city's residents flock outdoors during their leisure hours.
- Winterthur. Roughly 20 minutes from Zürich, this town is famed for its art collections.
There are no results