Fodor's Expert Review The Seafood Ristorante
The striking glass-walled venue perched above the West Sands consistently delivers the freshest and most refined seafood dishes in St. Andrews. Scottish-Italian owner Stefano keeps the emphasis on prime Scots seafood while adding il bel paese flourishes and menu staples like risotto, agnolotti (stuffed pasta pockets), and cicchetti (Venetian-style tapas). The open-plan layout and kitchen make for a buzzy atmosphere, but insist on a sea-view table for serene views. It's a fine place for a blowout meal but best be selective if on a budget: the prime location, top-quality produce and service come at a pretty penny.
St. Andrews, Fife KY16 9AB, Scotland
- Sea or car park views (ask for best tables)
- Special occasion dining at a price
- Sea or car-park views (ask for the bay-watching tables)
- Seasonal Scots delights like hand-dived Orkney scallops
- Halibut straight off a Pittenweem boat