Fodor's Expert Review Częstochowa Museum
The neoclassical town hall, built in 1828, houses the Częstochowa Museum, which opened here in 1967 and has 10 satellite pavilions around town. The main building's permanent collection is composed of an exhibition on the history of Częstochowa, featuring photographs from 1845–1918 and the works of contemporary local painters. One of the museum's outposts is the House of Poetry, a permanent exhibition on Polish poet Halina Poświatowska, and another covers the archaeology in the region. Temporary exhibitions have included one giving the history of dental care and another on rare books.