MykonosBack to Greek Island Hopping »
The jewel of the Cyclades, this popular island retains its charm despite its hedonistic reputation. Spend a day enjoying Mykonos town, a maze of beckoning streets, and park your beach towel on a stretch of glorious sand. By all means check out the legendary nightlife here, but make sure you're in top form for a day trip to Delos, too.
Learn more about Mykonos »
- Art and Culture
- Explore Mykonos town, the Saint-Tropez of the Aegean. You'll see white-washed streets, the Old Town, and the rows of windmills for which Mykonos is famous.
- The beaches of Mykonos cater to every taste and persuasion. Psarou is considered the finest. Paranga and Paradise are nude. Ornos is perfect for families. Nearly all have tavernas.
- Delos, one of the most sacred Greek islands, is littered with classical ruins. Highlights include the Sanctuary of Apollo, the House of the Naxians, and the Avenue of the Lions.
- The Monastery of the Panagia Tourliani hosts a big festival on August 15.
- Explore Little Venice, at the southwest end of the port, which is dotted with handsome Venetian-style houses and was once owned by fishing captains.
- The Monastery of Panagia Tourliani, 5 mi/8 km east of Mykonos town, is dedicated to the protectress of the island.