Fodor's Expert Review Vini da Gigio
A brother-sister team run this refined trattoria, where you're made to feel as if you've been personally invited to lunch or dinner. Indulge, perhaps, in rigatoni with duck sauce or arugula-stuffed ravioli, seafood risotto made to order, or sesame-encrusted tuna. Just note, though, that it's the meat dishes that steal the show: The steak with red-pepper sauce and the tagliata di agnello (sautéed lamb fillet with a light, crusty coating) are both superb, and you'll never enjoy a better fegato alla veneziana (Venetian-style liver with onions). This is a place for wine connoisseurs, as the cellar is one of the best in the city. Come for the second seating in the evening or at lunch for more relaxed service.
Venice, Veneto 30121, Italy
- Superb meat dishes like fegato alla veneziana (Venetian-style liver with onions)
- One of the city\'s best wine cellars
- Helpful and professional service
- Superb meat dishes, especially the fegato alla veneziana (Venetian-style liver with onions)
- One of the best wine cellars in the city