Fodor's Expert Review Ospedale del Ceppo

Pistoia Hospital

Founded in the 13th century and still a functioning hospital, the Ospedale del Ceppo has a facade with a superb early-16th-century exterior terracotta frieze. It was begun by Giovanni della Robbia (1469–1529) and completed by the workshop of Santi and Benedetto Buglioni between 1526 and 1528. Don't miss the 17th-century graffiti on the columns outside.

Hospital Public Art

Quick Facts

Pistoia, Tuscany  51100, Italy