- Lucca. The 16th-century ramparts are now a delightful promenade.
- Pisa. Recognized the world over thanks to an engineering mistake.
- Chianti. This wine region is dotted with towns.
- Greve in Chianti. Medieval town 30 km (19 miles) from Florence.
- Panzano. Hilltop churches and river views.
- Radda in Chianti. A village perfect for strolling.
- Castellina in Chianti. Bucolic panoramas abound.
- Volterra. Handicrafts made with alabaster.
- San Gimignano. Hilltown with medieval “skyscrapers.”
- Colle di Val d'Elsa. Sleepy, laid-back hill town.
- Siena. An enchanting medieval town.
- Arezzo. Visit for the sublime frescoes.
- Cortona. Cortona sits high above the perfectly flat Valdichiana.
- Montepulciano. Its high altitude means cool summers.
- Pienza. Planned by Pope Pius II.
- Montalcino. Famed for it's Brunello di Montalcino wine.
- Abbazia Di Sant’Antimo. 12th-century Romanesque abbey.
There are no results