Fodor's Expert Review Hotel Metropole Taormina
Corso Umberto 154, Taormina, Sicily, 98039, Italy
One of the only boutique hotels in Taormina, the trendy Metropole boasts a prime location, with the main shopping street of Corso Umberto on one side and sea views on the other. Modern touches abound in the 17th-century building, with bright, airy rooms (mostly suites) done up in light colors with contemporary furnishings; most are suites, including a terrace spa suite with a Jacuzzi ideally sited on a panoramic terrace. You can hear live jazz in the attractive bar most evenings. In season, take advantage of the infinity pool, or head to the private beach—just a free 10-minute shuttle ride away.
- jazz shows a nice touch
- lovely spa and public areas
- amazing views from restaurant and pool
- bathrooms can be small and dark
- expensive overall, with high prices particularly in the bar
- not all rooms have good views
Rate Includes: Closed Jan.–Mar.