Fodor's Expert Review Albergo Il Monastero
Castello Aragonese 3, Ischia Ponte, Campania, 80077, Italy
The Castello Aragonese, on its own island, is the unrivaled location for this unique hotel with a peaceful ambience and simple but comfortable rooms overlooking the Mediterranean. The superb restaurant on the spectacular terrace (also open to nonguests) provides sophisticated adaptations of local island cuisine, using much produce from the castle's vegetable garden. The hotel is hugely popular, so book way in advance.
- stunning views and peaceful garden
- situated inside the castle
- great restaurant on terrace
- a long way from the entrance to your room
- some consider it too far from the town's action
- books up well in advance
Rate Includes: Closed Nov.–late Apr.