Fodor's Expert Review Limerick City Hotel
Lower Mallow St., Limerick City, Co. Limerick, Ireland
Clean, airy, and in good shape (unlike some of Limerick's other inner-city lodgings), this big, well-run hotel has recently been refurbished. Rooms are good size and have light-wood furnishings. The hotel overlooks the Shannon and has a popular bar-restaurant, McGettigan's, serving hearty traditional fare including beef-and-Guinness pie and fish-and-chips alongside modern favorites like buffalo hot wings and Caesar salad wrap. It is a short step from the main shopping and business district.
- good value for couples and families
- central location, 30 minutes to Shannon Airport
- adjacent to riverside walks
- nothing exciting about the experience
- no free parking, but good rates offered at adjacent multistory car park