Fodor's Expert Review Mátyás Király Múzeum
In the 15th century, King Matthias Corvinus had a separate, 350-room palace built on the bank of the Danube below the citadel. It was eventually razed by the Turks, and not until 1934 were the ruins finally excavated. Now, after extensive reconstruction, it's possible to visit about 20 of the rooms—including the royal bed chambers, the kitchen, and the chapel—which are spread throughout the Királyi palota (Royal Palace) and its Salamon torony (Salamon Tower). Come during summer to see medieval games and craft demonstrations.