Fodor's Expert Review Mövenpick Hotel Hamburg
For its Hamburg outpost, the Mövenpick chain transformed a 19th-century water tower on a hill in the middle of the leafy Schanzenpark into a state-of-the-art hotel. Behind the handsome facade, much of the original tower still remains; the lobby features brick walls and vaulted ceilings, while steel from the structure frames guest-room doors. The guest rooms are all reasonably sized and stylishly modern, but the farther you climb the hotel, the greater the comfort and views. The many amenities here include an excellent restaurant serving international and Swiss cuisine, as well as a gym and spa.
- in the middle of a quiet park
- unique building
- English-language newspaper available in restaurant
- modern styling will feel a little sterile to some
- some lower-level rooms have ordinary views
- "alternative neighborhood"
Rate Includes: No Meals