Fodor's Expert Review Pétrus
Now in its third location, this Gordon Ramsay flagship offers fine dining to the max without being overly stuffy or cautious. The cooking combines superb technique with creativity, blending complex and intricate flavors in dishes like Orkney scallops with kombu, bacon and sabayon; rich turbot with leeks in a seaweed beurre blanc; or Dorset beef in a charcuterie sauce. The wine list is divinely decadent, offering if you can afford them, "the finest wines known to humanity" (to quote a memorable phrase from Withnail and I). The service and the room are both relaxed without being casual. A la carte menus are available as three-course packages only (£45 for lunch, £85 for dinner) and there is a "preferred smart dress code".
1 Kinnerton St.
London, Greater London SW1X 8EA, England
- Gordon Ramsay\'s flagship London restaurant
- 25-day Casterbridge beef fillet with Barolo sauce
- Fleet-footed and formidable service
- Seasonal British ingredients with a French twist
- \"preferred\" business-casual dress code