Fodor's Expert Review Casse-Croûte
This bistro on Bermondsey Street near the Shard is as French as a pack of Gauloises, from the yellow walls and red-and-white checked tablecloths to the perfectly executed classics like lapin à la moutarde (rabbit in a creamy mustard sauce), suprême de volaille aux mousserons (chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms), quiche Lorraine, and Paris-Brest (decadent choux pastry stuffed with praline and whipped cream). The daily changing menu offers three reasonably-priced options per course and the wine list (French, of course) goes off-the-beaten path with discoveries from small local producers. The limited amount of space means that diners are in close proximity, but everyone is usually too busy scarfing down the excellent food to notice.
109 Bermondsey St.
London, Greater London SE1 3XB, England
- Authentic Parisian-style neighborhood bistro
- Stuffed pig\'s trotters and côte de boeuf with French beans
- Delicious pastries with Chantilly cream
- Beautifully prepared bistro classics
- Authentic French atmosphere in tight quarters
- Reservations necessary for dinner