Fodor's Expert Review Balthazar
British restaurateur Keith McNally re-creates his famed New York Parisian brasserie at this busy corner spot just off Covent Garden. The decor creates an enchanting backdrop to enjoy a classic French brasserie menu of few surprises, including flavor-packed dishes like macaroni and Gruyère cheese or ox cheek bourguignon. Linger over the all-French wine list, which carries everything from a modest 2012 Colombier Chablis to a grand 1971 Château Palmer Margaux, before polishing off a pile of profiteroles for dessert.
4–7 Russell St.
London, Greater London WC2B 5HZ, England
- Parisian-style grand café
- Handy prix-fixe, brunch, and Afternoon Tea menus
- Classic French plats du jour
- Handy prix fixe, brunch, children\'s, and Afternoon Tea menus
- Vegan and vegetarian options