Bath and the Cotswolds Sights

Guild of Handicraft

  • Sheep St. Map It
  • Chipping Campden
  • Historic District/Site

Published 08/30/2016

Fodor's Review

In 1902 the Guild of Handicraft took over this former silk mill. Arts and Crafts evangelist Charles Robert Ashbee (1863–1942) brought 150 acolytes from London, including 50 guildsmen, to revive and practice such skills as cabinetmaking and bookbinding. The operation folded in 1920, but the refurbished building now houses the intriguing and very full workshop of a silversmith and has a café and gallery on the ground floor.

Sight Information


Sheep St., Chipping Campden, GL55 6DS, England

Map It


01386-841100-silversmith; 01386-840345-gallery

Sight Details:

  • Free

Published 08/30/2016


Book A Trip



  • CARS

Map View

What's Nearby

  • Restaurants
  • Sights
  • Hotels

See all sights in Bath and the Cotswolds