Getting Married in the USVI

You must first apply for a marriage license at the Superior Court (in either St. Thomas or St. Croix; St. John has no court office). The fee is $50 for the application and $50 for the license. You have to wait eight days after the clerk receives the application to get married, and licenses must be picked up in person on a weekday, though you can apply by mail. To make the process easier, most couples hire a wedding planner. If you plan to get married at a large resort, most have planners on staff to help you with the paperwork and all the details, but if you're staying in a villa, at a small hotel or inn, or are arriving on a cruise ship, you'll have to hire your own.

The wedding planner will help you organize your marriage-license application as well as arrange for a location, flowers, music, refreshments, and whatever else you want to make your day special. The wedding planner will also hire a clergyman if you'd like a religious service or a nondenominational officiant if you prefer. Indeed, many wedding planners are licensed by the territory as nondenominational officiants and will preside at your wedding.

Superior Court Offices

St. Croix Superior Court. 340/778–9750.

St. Thomas Superior Court. 340/774–6680.

Wedding Planners

Anne Marie Weddings. 340/626–4658; 888/676–5701;

Weddings the Island Way. 340/777–6505; 800/755–5004;

There are no results

Previous Experience

Eating and Drinking Well in the Virgin Islands

Next Experience

Mocko Jumbie Magic

All Top Experiences


Book A Trip



  • CARS

Trip Finder