Giving Back to the Turks and Caicos Islands
Although the Turks and Caicos Islands are an upscale destination, that doesn't mean the nation has no one in need. Here are some worthwhile organizations you can contribute to.
- Edward C Gartland Youth Centre. This nonprofit organization helps empower the youth of TCI, offering a variety of programs outside school hours. Ecgyouthcentre.com.
- Potcake Place. This organization rescues stray puppies from around the islands. You can donate dog items that are hard to find on an island (such as toys and formula). You can also volunteer to be a courier to take puppies to their forever homes or "adopt" one for the day and take it to the beach. www.potcakeplace.com.
- Provo Children's Home. This organization takes in orphans and is always in need of some kind of contribution. Requested items and directions for how to make personal pledges can be viewed on their website at www.pch.tc.
- TCSPCA. Here the SPCA also helps rescue stray puppies and dogs that wander the streets and provides free spay and neuter clinics and educational symposiums. The TSPCA also hosts special projects; they are currently working at improving the horse and donkey compound on Grand Turk. Donations are also appreciated, whether in cash, in kind, or your own volunteer time. wtcspca.tc.
- The Red Cross. The organization takes in donations that go toward local needs as well as to the international organization. redcross.org.
- The Salvation Army. You will find a thrift store in the Graceway IGA complex where you may drop off any clothing or household items to be sold, with the profits going toward deserving causes such as children’s feeding programs, transportation of the elderly, disaster management, and many others. salvationarmy.org.
- The TCI National Trust. The Turks & Caicos National Trust helps with preservation throughout the islands, maintaining historical sites and wildlife park areas. Nationaltrust.tc.
- Turks and Caicos Reef Fund. Helping to improve the awareness and preservation of the nation’s reefs, this organization has annual fund-raising events that you may support. tcreef.org.
- The Turks & Caicos Rotary Club. The Rotarians give back in many ways, including eye-testing for schoolkids and donations of dictionaries, as well as island cleanups. Rotary.tc.
There are no results