Fodor's Expert Review St. George's Anglican Church
Basseterre Religious Building/Site/Shrine
This handsome stone building has a crenellated tower originally built by the French in 1670 that is called Nôtre-Dame. The British burned it down in 1706 and rebuilt it four years later, naming it after the patron saint of England. Since then it has suffered a fire, an earthquake, and hurricanes and was once again rebuilt in 1869.