Le Domaine Saint Aubin
Petite Rivière Salée, off Rte. 1, La Trinité, n/a Martinique, 97220, Martinique
Rooms at this private estate perched on a verdant hilltop offer breathtaking views overlooking the Atlantic are divided between a 19th-century creole plantation house and newer, freestanding cottages. Of the 30 rooms, 11 are in the main house and 19 in separate lodges; 7 have been carved out of the original stables, and 12 in four-room lodges, built in the same great-house style as the original manor. The owners have maintained the colonial ambience as they have expanded. Newer rooms have some antiques and more style. Additionally, six two-bedroom flats, with four-poster beds and fashionable lighting, are rented seasonally and with minimum stays. There's free Wi-Fi, as well as a media room with a large flat-screen TV—there are no in-room TVs or phones. Within the manor house, the restaurant is elegantly furnished with mahogany period antiques and offers exceptional, fixed-price dinners to both hotel guests and nonguests. Adjacent is the newly redone and similarly decorated music room.
- daydream yourself into a more gracious era
- hip owners make scintillating company
- wheelchair-accessible rooms (and the pool has a chair lift)
- somewhat remote location requires a car
- original rooms have character but are not stylin'
- meals limited to breakfast and dinner, which cost extra
Rate Includes: No meals
BACK TO TOP