Fodor's Expert Review Stella Maris Resort Club
Stella Maris is more than a resort; it is a long-standing family-fun community that sits atop a hilly ridge offering many accommodations choices (including private homes), complemented by multiple pools, breathtaking views of the Atlantic, fun bars and restaurants, and activities for every interest—it's also in walking distance from Stella Maris Airport. Free morning and afternoon activity programs include beach trips, island tours, sailing at Deal's Beach, and boat cruises with snorkeling and kayaking. The resort can also arrange all sorts of excursions, such as deep-sea fishing, bonefishing, and scuba diving. The service is outstanding and each week the resort hosts a rum-punch pool party, a cave party, barbecues, and other lively events.
- all accommodations have an ocean view or balcony
- free activities like island tours and sailing
- parties and events hosted by resort for guests
- long walks between rooms, clubhouse, beach bar
- rooms somewhat dated but clean and comfortable
- not beachfront but free bus to other beaches