Fodor's Expert Review New Plymouth Inn
Parliament St., Green Turtle Cay, Great Abaco Island, Bahamas
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
This charming, two-story historic hotel with white balconies and a turn-of-the-20th-century-style lobby and drawing-room bar is conveniently located in New Plymouth's center. Originally built in 1830, the hotel reopened in November 2007 with fresh paint, linens, and upgrades to some furniture. A patio pool is nestled in well-manicured tropical gardens, and the cozy rooms have comfortable beds with handmade quilts and terra-cotta-tile baths. The rates are among the most affordable options on the cay and include breakfast.
- central New Plymouth location
- good value for Green Turtle Cay
- excellent restaurant for dinner
- rooms are small, so don't bring a lot of luggage
- no public Internet service