Fodor's Expert Review Green Turtle Club
North end of White Sound Fodor's Choice
The long-standing colonial tradition and tone of casual refinement continues at this well-known resort. Cheerful yellow cottages are scattered amid lush trees and shrubs. Villa accommodations have decks overlooking the water and docks for rental boats; poolside rooms are more formal, furnished with mahogany Queen Anne–style furniture, gleaming hardwood floors, and Oriental rugs. Breakfasts and lunches are served on a screened, terra-cotta-tile patio, but it's dinner under the harbor-view dining room's chandeliers that makes the club shine. The modern 40-slip marina makes it easy to dock your boat out front, and in a 10-minute walk you can be bonefishing in Coco Bay or lying on the secluded Atlantic Ocean beach. If you need anything else, the accommodating hotel staff can arrange it.
- excellent on-site restaurants for casual or fine dining
- easy access to great beaches
- personalized service
- if you're looking for Bahamian casual, this isn't it
- golf cart or boat is essential to explore the island
- some rooms are a long walk from the hotel amenities
Rate Includes: Closed mid-Aug.–late Oct.