Fodor's Expert Review Unique Village
Just south of Governor's Harbour near North Palmetto Point on marvelous pink Poponi Beach, this resort has large, tropical-style rooms with French doors opening to private balconies. Second-floor rooms have better views of the ocean. The Unique is probably the best bargain on the beach with a great Bahamian restaurant and large pool steps away. At night you can hear the lapping waves and watch a full moon rise over the ocean. The resort is efficiently run with a friendly staff who will be happy to organize fishing trips and tours.
- on a gorgeous pink beach
- great on-site restaurant that serves three meals a day
- large pool with gazebo and lounge chairs
- not close to any stores or shops
- a 10-minute drive to Governor's Harbour
- some rooms and amenities are dated