Fodor's Expert Review Cape Eleuthera Resort and Yacht Club
Cape Eleuthera, Powell Point, Rock Sound, Eleuthera Island, Bahamas
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
How many times can you say Wow in one vacation? Let us count the ways at Cape Eleuthera Resort and Yacht Club. Nestled between the aquamarine and emerald waters of Rock and Exuma sounds, gigantic town homes have two bright bedrooms, each with full bath, and a stainless-steel kitchen. Watch breathtaking sunsets painted over the full-service marina from your second-floor balcony, or from the Starbucks-inspired coffee shop's veranda, which turns into a wine bar at night. By day, explore the resort's 18-mi-long shoreline, which is home to more than 20 beaches. For a unique experience, have the staff take you by boat to one of the five nearby, footprint-free islands for the day. Pack a picnic and your seashell bucket and get ready for complete solitude. Barracuda's restaurant is open for private groups and catered events.
- handsome resort right on the water
- professional yet friendly staff
- gear rental on-site for water and land excursions (some with fee)
- isolated from rest of island
- two-story town homes are inconvenient for travelers with heavy suitcases or disabilities (there is one ground-floor unit)
Rate Includes: All-inclusive; Some meals