Fodor's Expert Review BEC Spa Resort
81 Cob Cottage Rd., Blenheim, Marlborough, 7274, New Zealand
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
This modern purpose-built lodge is perched strategically on the lower slopes of the Wither Hills, with wide-ranging views across Cloudy Bay, Blenheim and the vineyards of the lower Wairau Plains. It's low-aspect, minimal design suits the windswept tussock hillside site. The lodge has been built with pampering and wellness in mind, with a lap pool, steam room, hot tub and massage room, and the exotic themes reflect hostess Aloka's Sri Lankan roots. There's an extensive string of walkways in the hills out the back door, while sunny, sheltered deck areas create a feeling of sanctuary from the Marlborough winds. BEC is now only available for exclusive all-lodge bookings.
- four-course dinner available (NZ$95 per person) or with wine matching (NZ$125, book ahead)
- spa treatments include massage, facials, and body wraps
- yoga classes
- not suitable for children
- the only TV is in the main reception room
- steep, narrow, winding drive to the lodge (but good parking once you get there)
Rate Includes: Closed June–Aug., Free breakfast