Fodor's Expert Review Hulmes Court Bed & Breakfast
52 Tennyson St.
An 1860s Victorian mansion just a three-minute walk to the center of town, Hulmes Court was originally built for one of the founders of the Otago Medical School (it maintains scholarly ties by employing University of Otago students) and is paired with a 1907 house. Continental-style breakfast and all-day tea and coffee are served in the Victorian drawing room and a casual, relaxed feel extends to a warm welcome thanks to such touches as a computer, photocopier, books, and newspapers available for guests. Hosts Norman and Zina Wood live on the premises with their family and resident cats. Amenities also include free Wi-Fi, laundry, and off-street parking.
- <PRO>friendly staff</PRO>
- <PRO>interesting decorations</PRO>
- <PRO>quiet, residential neighborhood</PRO>
- <CON>not ideal for folks with cat allergies</CON>
- <CON>located on a steep hill</CON>
- <CON>not all rooms have en suite bathrooms</CON>
Rate Includes: Breakfast, Credit cards accepted