Fodor's Expert Review Stamford Plaza Melbourne
111 Little Collins St.
Diamond-faceted glass elevators carry guests from the marble lobby of this "Paris-end," all-suite hotel to rooms decorated with plush, rich hued velvets and art deco–ish crystal lamps. A $10-million refurbishment has created suites with a touch of Golden Era Hollywood; all have cushion-festooned couches, spa baths, fully equipped kitchens, and separate dining areas. The 16th-floor indoor-outdoor swimming pool sits beneath an arched glass ceiling. It's an easy walk from here to shopping arcades, restaurants, and theaters.
- <PRO>lush decor</PRO>
- <PRO>great restaurant</PRO>
- <PRO>central location</PRO>
- <CON>might not appeal to lovers of contemporary decor</CON>
- <CON>breakfast not included</CON>
- <CON>slightly dated in-room entertainment system</CON>
Rate Includes: Free Breakfast