Fodor's Expert Review Fort St. Angelo
Kannur Military Sight
In 1505 the Portuguese built Fort St. Angelo, with the consent of the ruling Kolathiri Raja, in order to protect their interests in the area. After passing into Dutch and then British hands, it's now maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India. There are still a few British cannons intact, and lovely views of the fishing activity in Moppillah Bay.