Fodor's Expert Review Selous Impala Camp
Selous Game Reserve, Lindi, Tanzania
This attractive camp on Lake Mzizimia's shores nestles among borassus palms and riverine bush with views over the Rufiji. Tents on wooden platforms raised on stilts, each with its own en suite bathroom and private verandah, have comfortable African-theme soft furnishings and rich, handmade wooden furniture. Join other guests in the main thatch lounge, which is also raised on a platform with magnificent views of the river, for meals and sundowners. If you're here in the dry season between June and October, you'll see plains game galore as the animals come to drink at the perennial river. Go for a guided game walk with an armed ranger, a game drive, or a boat safari; try fly camping or just chill out at the bar overlooking the river at this wonderfully comfortable and unpretentious camp.
- river cruises and the game and prolific birdlife you will see
- the staff are delightful and very knowledgeable
- the overwhelming "secret surprise sunset"
- no system for credit card payment as yet
- animal sightings are not as prolific as in the north
Rate Includes: All-Inclusive