Fodor's Expert Review Raffles Praslin Seychelles
Anse Takamaka, Praslin, Inner Islands, Seychelles Fodor's Choice
Praslin's newest luxury resort, the Raffles is composed of 86 über-luxurious sea- and mountain-view villas dotting the hillside over Anse Takamaka bay. Spacious and beautifully designed with great attention to detail and elegant finishings, all villas have private balconies with plunge pools and sheltered pavilions. A fabulous spa with indoor and outdoor treatment rooms (imagine tropic birds soaring by as you get a massage), activities include a full range of water sports, and a gym offering various yoga classes.Two giant pools—one of which is a 40-meter infinity—and a small but lovely piece of beach are where you will laze away the day. Three restaurants, a beach bar, and two stylish lounges—one of which is a rooftop shisha lounge, where you can best enjoy a cocktail and the sunset—provide plenty of choices when your appetites get the better of you. For the best rate, book through an operator or check online prices.
- beautifully designed and appointed rooms
- excellent spa
- the hillside layout means only the uppermost villas feel entirely private when on balconies
- steep hillsides discourage walking
- depending on tide and time of year
- the beach can be very small. For the best rate
- book through an operator or check online prices
- depending on tide and time of year, the beach can be very small.