Fodor's Expert Review Gamewatchers Adventure Camp, Ol Kinyei
Masai Mara National Reserve, Narok, Kenya
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
Gamewatchers Adventure Camp offers the same exclusivity as luxurious camps, but with more basic accommodation in large Coleman camping tents. In the Ol Kinyei conservancy, in a picturesque valley among soaring fever and tortilis trees, the camp is visited by game of all sorts. You sleep on mattresses on the floor of your tent and have your own private shower and washroom. Drinks are served around the "bush telly" (fire pit) and communal meals are served at a long table in the mess tent. Game drives are excellent and active big cat sightings are common. You have to book a minimum of three nights at this camp; the rate includes conservancy fees and park fees.
- the conservancy is very exclusive
- the guides are fantastic
- picnic lunches are included on game drives
- the fence surrounding the tents entirely blocks the view
- walks are often undertaken without the security of an armed ranger
- you must bring your own sleeping bag or rent one
Rate Includes: Closed Apr.–June, Nov., and Dec., Free Breakfast