Fodor's Travel Go-List Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes")
OFFICIAL RULES ("Official Rules")
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You must be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to be eligible. All federal, state and local regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Employees of Fodor's Travel, a division of Penguin Random House LLC ("Sponsor") and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, agencies, prize providers and their immediate family members and persons living in their household are not eligible to enter this contest.
2. ENTRY PERIOD:
In Person Entry Period is open from 7:30 a.m. ET to 3:30 p.m. ET on both December 16, 2014 and December 17, 2014.
Online and Bonus Entry Period is open from 7:30 a.m. ET on December 16, 2014 to 11:59 p.m. ET on December 17, 2014.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
In Person Original Entry: Visit the Fodor's suitcase ice sculpture during the In Person Entry Period at 2 Columbus Cir, New York, NY 10019 and find a designated Fodor's Brand Ambassador with an iPad. Enter by filling out the online form on the iPad as directed, including your guess of how many Fodor's Travel Guides are inside the ice sculpture.
Online Original Entry: Go to www.fodors.com/TravelWithFodors during the Online Entry Period and complete the form as directed, including your guess for the number of Fodor's Travel Guides contained within the ice sculpture.
Bonus Entry: In addition to the Original Entry (In Person or Online), you may receive one (1) additional "Bonus Entry" by tweeting about the ice sculpture. To be counted as an Entry to the Sweepstakes, your tweet must include a) your guess for the number of Fodor's Travel Guides contained within the ice sculpture and b) the hashtags, #TravelwithFodors #Sweeps. Tweets must include a number guess and both hashtags to be considered an Entry.
Limit one (1) Original Entry (In Person or Online) and one (1) Bonus Entry per person. If you submit more than one of either Entry (Original or Bonus) only the first Entry will be counted. Original Entry and Bonus Entry may be referred to herein individually as an "Entry" and collectively as "Entries".
Sponsor is not responsible for Entries that are late, misdirected, lost, stolen, garbled, or unintelligible, including those due to computer or network malfunction or congestion, and any such entries are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion to disqualify any person who tampers or is suspected of tampering with the entry process. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor, and will not be returned or acknowledged.
At the time of entry, each Entrant will be presented with an option to join the Fodor's Travel, and Penguin Random House mailing lists. Entrant is NOT REQUIRED to join any of these mailing lists to gain entry to the Sweepstakes. If Entrant chooses to opt in to one or all of these mailing lists, he/she may unsubscribe at any time. All names and email addresses connected to Entrants who do not opt in will NOT be used for subsequent mail solicitation, unless Entrant elects to opt-in to future mailings from Sponsor.
4. PRIZE:Grand Prize: One (1) Winner will receive $5,000 and a personal telephone consultation with a Fodor's travel editor not to exceed one hour. The consultation will include recommendations and suggestions, but does include booking services of any kind.
No transfer or other substitution of prize permitted, except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value. The odds of winning the prize in the Sweepstakes are determined by the total number of eligible entries received.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On or about December 18, 2014, one (1) Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received in the following stages:
- The Entrant who guesses the exact number of Fodor's Travel Guides contained within the ice sculpture will be selected as the Winner.
- In the event that there are multiple Entrants with the same correct answer, one (1) Winner will be randomly chosen from all correct Entries as the Winner.
- In the event that no Entry is received guessing the correct number, the Entrant with the guess closest to the correct number without going over the correct number will be the Winner.
- In the event that more than one Entrant submitted the same guess closest to the correct number without going over, one (1) Winner will be randomly chosen from all Entries closest to the correct number without going over.
Winner will be notified via e-mail and must respond to e-mail notification within fourteen (14) days of receipt. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize. If winner notification of the Prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Winner fails to timely respond to the notification or declines the Prize, the Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing, from among the remaining eligible entries according to the stages outlined above. Winner will be required to complete, execute and return paperwork as provided by Sponsor, including an IRS W9 form within five (5) days of the date of acceptance of the prize.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Released Parties (as defined below) shall not be liable to a prize winner or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Released Parties' sole control.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Sweepstakes or parts thereof or acceptance of, use of or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. The prize winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death). The prize winner acknowledges the aforementioned individuals and entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to the prize. Winner authorizes the Released Parties to use his/her name and likeness, on Sponsor's website and promotional materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes or part thereof is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site, page or email address associated therewith (or any portion thereof), including but not limited to the Web Site becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these Official rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants (or others), fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at www.fodors.com/TravelWithFodors. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, PAGE OR EMAIL ADDRESS OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If a dispute arises about who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the Entry submitted.
NOTE: Entry must be made by the Entrant only at the Web Site according to these Official Rules. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or page, including, but not limited to, commercial Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of any device or computer software to automate the Entry process is prohibited.
7. WINNER'S LIST: For the names of the Winners, available after January 15, 2015, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Fodor's Travel/ATTN: Fodor's Travel Go-list Sweepstakes, 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019 by June 15, 2015.
8. SPONSOR: Fodor's Travel, a division of Penguin Random House LLC, 1745 Broadway, New York, NY 10019