Though we always keep an eye out for the latest technology breakthroughs to keep us looking fresh-faced and clear-skinned, we're equal fans of ingredient lists that we can actually comprehend. Natural and organic products, though great in theory, don't always hold up to the beauty editor test. Here, we've cherry-picked 10 winners, all of which tout natural ingredients and perform well under pressure.
1. Bite Beauty BB for Lips with SPF 15 in Flush ($24): A Canadian makeup company that uses only food-grade ingredients, Bite Beauty specializes in lip products, like this flattering pink hue with added SPF 15.
2. 100% Pure Cocoa Pigmented Bronzer ($28): This growing brand has earned a following for using easy-to-understand ingredients. This bronzer delivers excellent, non-streaky pigment, perfect for tan season.
3. RMS Beauty lip2cheek in Modest ($36): When filling your makeup bag, products that do double duty will streamline the packing process. This tidy pot will have both your lip and cheeks covered with a sun-kissed flush.
Top Picks for You
Recommended Fodor’s Video
4. Burt's Bees Refreshing Lip Balm ($3.30): The original tube of Burt's Bees lip balm is as good as ever. The beeswax formula hydrates for a surprisingly long time, key to in-flight moisturization. Even better, the classic now comes in sunny flavors like pink grapefruit.
5. Eminence Clear Skin Probiotic Masque ($54): Though on the pricy side, Eminence's yogurt mask is just right for summer. With skin-balancing probiotics (which also balance out travel-stressed complexions without using harsh chemicals) and cooling cucumber, the product is a clear favorite of natural-beauty fans. Store in the refrigerator (or minibar) for extra cooling effects.
6. Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence ($85): It's common knowledge that in-cabin air dries you out, so throwing an excellent moisturizing product into your purse is a necessity. If you're able to splurge, Tata Harper's spritz not only smells like a botanical dream, but also offers non-greasy hydration with hyaluronic acid mid-flight.
7. Dr. Hauschka Revitalizing Face Care Kit ($24.95): When you're looking for an easy packing solution, Dr. Hauschka offers a very solid lineup of skincare stars. This revitalizing kit includes the ever-popular rose cream.
8. Acure Facial Cleanser Gel ($14.99): Any frequent traveler will probably tell you that an excellent cleanser is key to a great skincare regimen. To combat sun exposure, choose one that performs thoroughly, but without too many bells and whistles. Acure's gel gets the job done with superfruit and chlorella growth factor.
9. Lavanila Scent in Vanilla Lemon ($58): Fragrance is one of the trickier all-natural categories, as even many natural and organic brands use artificial fragrances. So it's a pleasant surprise to find a brand devoted to all-natural perfumes. Lavanila specializes in vanilla scents; this one adds a zesty lemon note on top.
10. Mountain Ocean Skin Trip Coconut Moisturizer ($10.79): In addition to smelling like vacation (coconut!), this cult classic smooths over rough patches with ease.