Has anyone stayed at Little Bush camp at Sabi Sabi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are planning a trip to South Africa and are thinking of staying at Little Bush camp at Sabi Sabi. Has anyone stayed there and if so what did you think?
Thanks
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 07:36 PM
santharamhari

I hv not been to this particular lodge, but, anywhere in the Sabi Sands is usually VERY good.....

Hari

Old Nov 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM

I was just at Sabi Sabi 2 weeks ago. I stayed at Bush Lodge and Earth Lodge and I visited Little Bush Camp and also Selati. They share the same game drive area, so no difference there. The staff seem to rotate around and they are all very nice. Little Bush Camp is the smallest of the Sabi Sabi camps with only 6 units spaced far enough apart that each is very private. This was formerly a Londolozi camp, but with the changes taking place there, Sabi Sabi acquired it and has put a lot into refurbishing it and it looks great. I think you will be pleased. Landscaping has proved to be a problem as a certain elephant loves to come at night and eat the vegetation. What a mess! Now they plant what he doesn't like. For spa appointments they will take you to the Earth Lodge or Bush Lodge. The Earth Lodge is unique. I loved it.
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info. Sabi Sabi looks great online but it's nice to hear that the real thing is as good as it sounds.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

I forgot to ask. Is Sabi Sabi a Malaria free zone?
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 07:22 AM

NO
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 08:16 AM

safarimama,
Happy to hear you liked the lodging at Sabi Sabi. Uh, how were the game drives? Did you see the big 5, etc?
regards - tom
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 02:12 PM

Tom, I think that the emphasis in Sabi Sabi is to see the Big Five every day. You will see them every day if only one at a time, like one old buffalo! But you will get very close to him. The animals are truly relaxed here. However, you will see lots of white rhino and babies too. The highlight for me was a little european bee-eater sitting fairly close on a branch, my first sighting of one. It was very colorful and I got a good picture of it. Personally, I think the game viewing is bettr in East Africa where the animals are truly wild. Sure, you won't get as close to the animals as you do in Sabi Sabi and driving off-road you get very close. I couldn't believe it that the spotters don't even bother to get into the back of the vehicle when we view the big cats only 5-10 feet away; they just sit right out there as bait! That's how habituated the lions and leopards are there. Overall though, the game viewing was good, but there are no cheetah.
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 03:59 PM

We saw Cheetah twice at Londo - once sitting in a field and once just after a kill. Of course we saw Cheetah every day at Phinda.....
Old Oct 30th, 2007, 03:32 PM

My husband and I, both 31, are trying to decide betweem Little Bush Camp, Bush Lodge, and Selati. If anyone can comment please do. I noticed that this forum was started last year and no one has commented since then---I was hoping to get some more recent responses. Thanks!
Old Oct 31st, 2007, 02:00 AM

Hello Enlenhman76,

I returned from Sabi Sabi at the end of Sept. I spent two nights at Earth Lodge but had an opportunity to visit Selati, Little Bush Lodge and Bush Camp. My impressions:
Selati is intimate and private, with a lovely and cozy lounge/bar area.
Bush Camp is much larger and not as intimate, more appropriate for groups.
Little Bush Lodge seemed spread out a bit, although quite small but it left me a bit 'cold'. It could be because the camp was empty at the time.
If I was to return, I would stay at Selati, which I prefered over Earth Lodge.

Happy planning!
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 06:39 PM

Hi bushperson-

Why do you say LBC was "cold" feeling? We are having a really hard time deciding between Selati and LBC. I like the idea of the private decks at LBC, but wonder what kind of a view they really have since the lodge seems to be built in not a very cleared out area. The Selati suites seem really closed in but I do like the idea of the bar/lounge/deck areas that they offer. The safari itinerary seems so busy, sometimes I wonder if it even matters what kind of suite we have since we won't be there very often. The idea of sitting out on our own private deck at night seems appealing though. Any comments anyone? Thanks!