Search

Serendipity Tours?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2005, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serendipity Tours?

Hi friends

This is my first post after lurking here for months to learn more about East and Southern Africa.

We went to Africa about 2 years ago on a whirlwind trip to Tanzania to climb Kili with a short stay in Zanzibar afterwards.

I am now planning our next two safaris! In October we have another Kili climb scheduled using a different route followed by a short safari to Ngorongoro.

In early July 2006 we want to celebrate our anniversary on an extended safari to the Serengeti and surrounding areas!

With plenty of outfitters to choose from, I selected a handful from this board. Now Serendipity Tours is showing up. I found a website but not sure if it’s the same company. Are they located in Tanzania or Kenya? Can someone post the correct website address?
Thanks Janet
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 09:32 AM

Janets1s
Here is the web site:
www.africaserendipity.com
I had some quotes from this and they were very nice and helpful but in the long run I got better quotes from eastern and southern safarie
essafari.co.ke
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 10:10 AM

Are you referring to Africa Serendipity? If so, their website is www.africaserendipity.com and they're located in NY. I believe the company is owned or operated by a long time contributor on this board (who is very careful never to self promote), so I would feel comfortable using them.
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 11:26 AM

Really, Patty? Who? I swear I'm the last know anything. Kidding--I imagine this falls under "You don't need to know." Oh well.

Janet, I looked at the Africa Serendipity website. Nice. I wouldn't hesitate to book with them either if they can give you the trip you want for the price you need.

Have fun!!!
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 11:51 AM

Leely,
I came across it quite by accident myself, but I believe that sandi runs Africa Serendipity. I notice she's careful not to promote herself and until a few months ago, I'd never even heard of this company before.

I hope it's OK that I mention this. I figure it's good to know that a company is run by a fellow Fodorite rather than an unknown entity.
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 11:58 AM

No way! *Our* sandi?

FWIW I will probably resurrect my TZ itinerary thread. Someone (can't remember who) wanted to see what ATR would come up with for me. Now I'm thinking I'm no longer comparing apples to apples, as Sandi would say.

But ATR's pricing is really competitive.
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all! It is Africa Serendipity.

Serendipity Tours arrange needlework tours to Scotland and I am looking for a safari company!

I did not learn much from the website so I appreciate the positive remarks but we prefer to use in-country outfitters.

Who are they using in Tanzania? Roy Safaris? And who is the owner?

We are not looking for a standard safari in 2006! I dream of romantic private tented camps with big camp fires! I will post my proposed itinerary in a different thread.

Janet
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 12:19 PM

Leely - I think it was me who wanted to see how your itineraries were shaping up and what ATR came up with. Thanks!