From Orly Airport in Paris to the 16th arrondissement

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time in Paris next April. Will arrive at the Orly airport very early in the morning with little luggage.

Would appreciate any recommendation (city bus, metro) in order to reach the in the 16th arrondissement (actually the Ranelagh metro station on Ave. Mozart).
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM

There are a variety of ways...you could take the RER B from Orly to the St. Michel stop, then transfer to the RER C (direction St. Ouen), get off at Boulainvilliers/La Muette and just walk down Ave. Mozart to Ranelagh. It's an easy walk, slightly downhill.
Or you could take the Air France Bus from Orly to Les Invalides and either catch a taxi from there to Ranelagh (won't be that expensive) or catch the RER C to La Muette and again walk downhill.
There are other options, but when we had an apartment in that neighborhood (actually a little farther down by Michel-Ange Auteuil), I used to do the Air France bus/RER combo or Air France/taxi.
Or, of course, you could take a taxi the whole way, if you wish.
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Thansk BTilke, a lot!

Did some googling and came out with the following alternative, wonder if is real:

At "Pont de Rungis – Aéroport d'Orly" take the RER-C (Direction Pontoise) directly to Boulainvilliers.

Boulainvilliers RER station will be perfect for me, since I should walk just a couple of hundred yards to the address I am heading to (Rue de l'Assomption, 17).

If I could board the RER-C at Orly and get out at Boulainvilliers this would be superb.

I am just a little confused about the C1, C2, etc... alternatives.

Apparently, if correct, the itinerary should be:

Pont de Rungis – Aéroport d'Orly
Orly – Ville
Les Saules
Pont de l'Alma
Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel
Boulainvilliers

Is it possible on just one single train trip?

Thanks a million for your original input and for any additional insight.

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM

Despite what the name of the station may imply you cannot directly board the RER (line B or more importantly in this case line C) at Orly. That being said the option you found is possible, and fairly easy to do . The ADP runs free shuttle buses from both terminals to Pont de Rungis –Aéroport d'Orly.

The C1,C2... thing is to help make sure you get on the right train to where you need to go. If you look at a map of the RER system each terminus has a name, and the letter of the line associated with a number. So if you choose this option, you need to know that you are looking for a train heading down the C1 "spur" terminating at Pontoise.

Most RER stations have some sort of automated display that will either tell you which spur i.e. C1 or C2 etc. the train is headed or the terminus as well as the actual stations the train will stop at. All you need to do is verify you are getting on the correct train.