Hotel d'Aubusson

Search

Hotel d'Aubusson

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel d'Aubusson

I will be spending two nights in Paris at the end of the year (12/30 and 12/31). I was deciding among the Hotel Tremoille in the 8th arrondissment, K & K Cayre in the 7th, and Hotel d'Aubusson in the 6th. I think I would prefer to be on the Left Bank and think d'Aubusson might be the best choice based on the positive reviews here and elsewhere.

My question is whether there is a big difference in size between the standard double and the superior room. I am inclined to go with the less expensive standard room, but if it is really small I may choose the superior. This is my boyfriend's first stay in Paris and I want him to enjoy it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Old Nov 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Sorry to not have a definitive answer for you regarding difference in room size, but wanted to let you know that my husband, my in-laws, and myself stayed at the hotel and really enjoyed it! They had jazz playing one night in their bar area and it was such a relaxing evening. There was also wifi in the hotel rooms (for a fee I think) and a wonderful free breakfast every morning. The hotel is in a great location. We walked everywhere! The in-laws had a dinner at the hotel one night while my husband and I went out. They said their meal was fabulous. Enjoy yourselves!
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks GillsinEurope. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Which room category did you have?
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM

Out of your three choices I recommend the d'Aubusson. The hotel seems to be very nice, but I think the location is the best one out of those three.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 07:22 PM

I had stayed in a superior twin room years ago, and it was quite roomy and convenient. The room had plenty of walking-about space, room for our suitcases, and even two armchairs with a small table.
At that time the superior room also meant a larger bathroom, terry robes, etc. I only know that the standard rooms were smaller, but didn't see one.
The problem in Paris hotels, which you may already know, is that a "small" room can be really really small.
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 03:54 AM

We had the duplex/loft. The four of us shared it. Two upstais, two downstairs.
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 04:13 AM

We loved the D'Aubusson.
My husband and I enjoyed five nights there this past April. We were in the Grand Luxe room which was huge, even by American standards.

We booked their "Romance Package", which included lots of extras, like airport pick-up, breakfast every morning(very nice),a fantastic champagne lunch served in our room, flowers, and treats every night.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 10:20 AM

I have a standard room booked there for next May. Seems at one point there was a thread on here giving actual room measurements.

I stayed in their sister hotel Milessime (sp) a few years ago and the room was super small, so decided if d'Aubusson cost more, it would be hopefully larger or better in some way. We did go enjoy jazz in their cafe 2 nights in 2005.

Maybe someone on here has stayed in the standard room?
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM

We stayed in the Grande Luxe apartment this July. I had a chance to peek at a few other rooms, and the standard room really is quite small, and definitely at least a step down from the superior room in terms of space, amenities and possibly view.

The hotel itself is fabulous in every way and has a great location for exploring Paris.

Old Nov 15th, 2007, 02:48 PM

Weadles, too small to have a mid/large suitcase open on the floor? Any chairs to sit on?
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM

The standard room that I saw had a small table and two chairs by the window. I think you would find it difficult to open a medium-sized suitcase on the floor. There wasn't that much floor space from the bed to the wall.
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
GBC

We stayed in a superior room. It was as Elaine has described except that ours had a king size bed and it still had plenty of walking around space.
Best of all, it was very quiet. We were tired and we really appreciated that.
As I recall, we had three oversize windows (onto a courtyard.) Would love to return. If you can do it, and if it is only for a short stay, you should consider the larger room.
The location is great for those wonderful evening strolls along the Seine, over to Notre Dame when lights are on, and also for the boat ride at night. Very romantic.
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your input. I think I am going to go for the superior room. It is 350 Euros, not including b'fast. The romance package (400 euros) makes more sense because it includes b'fast but it requires a 3 night minimum and we will only be there 2 nights.
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 12:55 PM

You can check out the Cayre hotel if you watch the movie "The Ninth Gate"; the Tremoille is the better hotel of the three but the location is poor, unless you are in the fashion business.
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 06:37 PM

FBRG,

You're going to really enjoy Hotel D'Aubusson. Don't worry about missing out on the breakfast part of the package. There are tons of fairly inexpensive cafes and at least two patisseries on the same street as the hotel. Also lots of cafes on rue St. Germaine, which is just a few blocks away. Have a great time!