Restaurants in Lucerne?

Search

Restaurants in Lucerne?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restaurants in Lucerne?

Restaurant recommendations for Lucerne would be appreciated. I plan to be there on Jan 19 for 4 days. Thanks, Cindybug
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Budget? We've got pricey and reasonable restaurants.

Go to Stadtkeller for a nice folklore evening with dinner.

The Pickwick Pub near the Chapel bridge is great for hearing English and meeting other tourists.

The Manor self-service restaurant offers great food at a reasonable price. Open store hours only.

La Cucaracha is a nice Mexican restaurant in the Schiller hotel with daquiries, marguaritas, etc.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 01:39 PM

cindybug,

We enjoyed our dinner at Galliker several years ago. When we returned to Lucerne in 2004, we couldn't get a reservation, so it's apparently popular.

We've also eaten at Zunfthaus zur Pfistern, located in an old guild house right on the river. We liked having drinks on the balcony while waiting to be seated.

Upstairs above the Pfistern is a more upscale restaurant, the name of which escapes me at the moment. When we were there, it was "wild game season," so we had game--I think we had venison and wild boar.

Whatever, it was good.

I know you will enjoy Lucerne.

Byrd

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 01:48 PM

The Swiss House is very good but pricey.

Another good place is Wildeman, on the opposite side of the river. It's slightly off from the river. Good food again but pricey.

My best choice is a ways away from the center. It's called the "Military Gardens" ie it's close to the military area. There's a Movenpick restaurant near.The Military Gardens has very good Swiss specials with a decently lower price. Try the chicken in the basket. There's not too many tourists in this restaurant but it's normally full of locals. Again, typical Swiss food.

Blackduff