Has Anyone Rented This Apt.in Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am renting an apartment from www.sleepinitaly.com.It is the Via Della Minerva- Pantheon.Has anyone rented this and if so, how is it??
Thank you.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 09:16 AM

the link doesn't seem to be working.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:25 AM

The link is..www.sleepintaly.com

I saw the apartment, the location is great but being located in a popular area it may be quite noisy at night.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:26 AM

lets try again..www,sleepinitaly.com..
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:28 AM
rex

Too funny...

Neither one of the links is listed correctly, because of periods placed adjacently (in back, or in front)...

It's one reason that I use - - like this - - hyphens separated by spaces, so as to not "touch" any URL.

The website is www.sleepinitaly.com

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:29 AM
rex

Even more hilarity - - your &quot;correction&quot; was a goof also, kismet... foiled by a <i>comma</i> after &quot;www&quot;

LOL!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:41 AM

And I believe this is the actual apartment link: http://www.sleepinitaly.com/files/apt_minerva.html

If so, I've never stayed in the apartment but it looks lovely and it appears to be in a great area. I love the area around the Pantheon. You will be close to Piazza Navona and Campo di Fiori.

Tracy
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:47 AM

Rex,

Even MORE hilarity on YOU as Kismet's second correction worked for me. Nice Try!!!
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 10:49 AM

I don't think any of this really matters, as the poster was asking for comments about the apartment.

Tracy
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 11:07 AM

I've never stayed here but the location is good and the apartment looks quite nice.

From the pictures taken at night, I might guess that the apt doesn't get much light in the daytime -- I also like small balconies/terraces. If light is important to you, I'd ask the owner to comment on how dark the apt is.
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I guess i just dont know how it links properly!
I have stayed in the Piazza Navona area before, but thought i would change it up a bit. I have never rented from Sleep In Italy but have read decent reviews about this company.
I booked this over 8 months ago but have never been able to find reviews about this paticular apartment. I will be there in a few weeks and will let everyone know.At least it looks good!
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Just an update to say this indeed was a fabulous apartment. I cannot believe the price in comparision to the location and charm of this well hidden gem. The Pantheon( the side of it) was literly right in our face when windows and shutters were opened. This was to good to be true!!
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 11:00 AM

hmmm. I missed this thread first time around. My only comment would have been &quot;slip covers are nice but sheets thrown over furniture makes me wonder what they're covering&quot;. So -- what were they covering? Was there a reason for taking the pictures with the sheets on the furniture? And tell me about the shower -- enclosed? Separate from tub?

Looks great. And I too like the Pantheon area where I rented from Sleepinitaly this summer. This must be a new apt. as I sure didn't see it when I was looking nearly a year ago.

Thanks for reporting back.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

I am sure when they took the pic they should have taken the sheets off. She has slip covers because the couches underneath are white. We meet the owner who let us in. She is a clean freak so to speak and keeps everything so clean, thus the sheets i am assuming.The shower is enclosed, more spacious than some i have been in in Italy before. There is a separate tub which is quite large. Size of apt. is bigger than pics even really show. Master bedroom was such a nice size i could not believe it.Location, location, location!!
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 12:35 PM

Really sounds and look nice. Meets all my &quot;picky&quot; requirements -- separate shower, air conditioning, not more than one flight up. Goes to the top of MY list.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 08:07 AM

Ivitaly - I have to ask about the noise level at night. I have made what I now know to be mistakes about the hotels I've chosen in the past. It's thrilling to have a room right on the piazza where the action is but I've also realized that I do not get any sleep with voices echoing and trash trucks emptying bins etc.

How was the noise level at night?
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 10:18 AM

I am looking for an apartment for a weeks rental. Seconding Sandi, How is the noise level ?? And is there any reduction in price for booking a week. It looks like a beautiful, peaceful place. Thanks..
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

No street noise in the bedroom.It is completly away from the street and noise of the Pantheon Square. We always had the bedroom window open and at times can hear a little faint noise from the Tavola Calda next door but that seemed to be mostly in the morning.
What amazes me is this is technically even closer than Albergo Del Senato and that costs a fortune!!
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 06:35 PM

I was talking to my husband about this apt and he mentioned that when we were there last he recalls a lot of teenagers sleeping and hanging around that side of the Pantheon. Maybe there's a hostel around there. Did you have any sense that it was unsafe at night, specifically around the apt?
Old Oct 14th, 2006, 03:06 AM
Original Poster

Non what so ever.You are right, teens do hang out there after school and some at night.Mostly noticed they were eating and chatting there. Never gave it a thought to feel unsafe.This did not bother us one bit and quit honestly if there not hanging out on that side the rest of them are all around of the fountain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -