Cooking classes in florence/tuscany?

Old Feb 21st, 2006, 08:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooking classes in florence/tuscany?

Anyone know of any that are a half day/ full day? any that you can stay there also?
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 09:28 AM

I was looking into the same thing last year. We had decided on Umbria Cooks 4 U but then changed are locations and it no longer worked for us. These are the recommended sites I had found:
http://www.terraditoscana.com/defaul...=cucina_groups

http://www.divinacucina.com/code/classes.html#3next

http://www.umbriacooks4u.com/aboutus.htm

http://www.accidentaltourist.com/
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 09:32 AM

panucci or anyone else,
Do you know anyone who has taken a cooking class?
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 09:43 AM

You may want to check out slowtrav.com. There are several websites for cooking classes listed on the website.

Good luck!
Tracy
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM

www.rhodeschoolofcusine.com
Not exactly what you asked for. They do week-long courses at Lucca. (as well as South of France and Marakech) Don't remember if they also do shorter ones.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 02:31 AM

My suggestion is Toscana Mia. They are 2 Italian sister fluently in English and lesson are held in a friendly atmosphere.
Their website is www.welcometuscany.com
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 03:41 AM

I just returned from Florence yesterday and did the Accidental Tourist Cooking Class which I highly recommend. It was a full day with pick up in Florence and a van ride about 40 minutes outside the city for a winery and olive oil tour/tasting and then a cooking class (pasta) in a c.1100 C.E. farmhouse.

It was wonderful. The people were gracious and lots of fun. I don't know how to get you the link for the post I just did with more details, but if you're interested, click on my screen name you'll find it.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 11:28 AM

This is the link to Linda's post about her cooking class: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34718729

Monica

PS: Linda, I left you some questions.
Old Feb 28th, 2006, 12:18 PM

I'd like to recommend a class I just took near Assissi in Umbria. My girlfriend and I found the class on slowtrav.com, and we are so glad we did it. The class was held at an agriturismo called "Alla Madonna del Piatto" and was taught by the agriturismo's proprietor, Letizia Mattiacci. It was a delight to spend the day with Letizia, who speaks perfect english and loves to cook and teach.

The day began at a gourmet food shop near the agriturismo, where Letizia led us through a very informative (and delicious) tasting of various olive oils, meats, cheeses, and chocolates. We then drove to the agristurismo where we prepared a meal of traditional Umbrian cuisine in Letizia's professional kitchen. When we'd finished cooking, we ate lunch in the inn's dining room and tasted various regional wines to accompany the food.

After the class, Letizia gave us printouts of all the recipes we'd prepared, and she even emailed me with further tips and recipes. The whole experience was simply wonderful.

I should also add the the agriturismo's accomodations seemed very nece. I'd love to stay there if we make it back to Umbria.

If you want more info, the agriturismo's web site is www.incampagna.com, or you can reach Letizia at [email protected]

Enjoy your trip!
Josh
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 06:22 PM

You can stay at Villa Bordoni www.villabordoni.com and they have cooking classes - it's very upscale and, I suppose, expensive. You can stay at Casa Mezzuola www.mezzuola.com (actually very close to Villa Bordoni) and the owner can organise cooking lessons at an Antinori restaurant near Badia a Passignano, not far away. You taste a range of Antinori wines when you eat the meal you've prepared.