Rome Accomodations less than 100 Euros

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am looking for safe, central, inexpensive hotel for 3 twentysomething females in Rome for July. Please provide any that you have experience with. Perhaps youth hostels? Thanks.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 08:34 AM
DRJ

I spent a few days a couple of years ago at Pensione Paradiso across the street from the Lepanto Metro stop. The single room was 32 euro per night. It was small but clean and quiet. Contact Pensione Panda (they have a website) for Paradiso phone number. I'd stay there again.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 08:44 AM

My friend in Rome recommended this hotel: http://www.bbeurope.net/Italy/Saxa_Rubra.htm

He said it's very nice, inexpensive, and in a good neighborhood.

Old Jan 24th, 2005, 08:57 AM

Possibly a convent. Try Fraterna Domus near Piazza Navona - a triple with shower en suite for around 78 euros. There is an 11 pm curfew. Check the search function here for convents in Rome.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 01:18 PM

Pantheon View B&B is about 70 Euros/night.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 02:18 PM

We just booked Casa Maryelen -saw it on venere.com. We directly booked and got a 60 euro rate for two for off season.
If you read venere.com reviews you will think they come and pack for you it sounds that friendly! It's near Termini ,but that's never been an isssue
for me or my family -take a look. Enjoy the twentysomething travel years,they keep you warm in the 50something years!
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 02:30 PM

Hey, Jean! A lot of us 50-somethings are out there traveling with the best of 'em! I enjoy keeping warm climbing the dome of St. Peters, thank you very much.
Old Jan 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM

There have been a lot of postings on this very subject...I always recommend staying in and around the Campo dei Fiori ("Field of Flowers&quot in central Rome. The area is easily accessible from the Roma Termini station via the #64 bus, exit "Corso Vittorio Emanuele" stop. The Campo is close to the Pantheon, within walking distance to the Roman forum, etc. Also, the Campo is very lively, with lots of outdoor cafes, strolling musicians, young Italians "hanging out", etc. Things are open late there (til 2:00 am nightly) so no dearth of entertainment....I think the 3 of you would like the area very much!

My two (2) hotel picks in the Campo Dei Fiori district are the following: Albergo della Lunetta (http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/S...ome_Lazio.html) and the Hotel Campo Dei Fiori (http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/H...ome_Lazio.html). The Hotel Campo Dei Fiori rate comes with a daily breakfast. Both hotels are under 100 euros for a double room. You could request 2 double beds so there will be enough room for the 3 of you. Alternatively, you could have a 3rd small bed brought into a double bed room. I have stayed in both several times and like them very much.