Hotels in London

Search

Hotels in London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels in London

My husband and I and our two children ages 12 and 10 will be staying in London for 4 nights and this will be our first trip. We will need a hotel that is kid/family friendly and would like to be centrally located (near Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, etc.) Looking for a medium priced hotel or inn.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks, Cindy
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 02:06 PM
jay

My wife and I just stayed at the Reubens at the Palace. It is right across from the royal mews at Buckingham Palace and very near Victoria Station (2 blocks). I dont know what the biggest room is but the hotel was great for location, amenities and service. They do have a web site. It may be more than what you want to pay but it is worth a look.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 02:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Medium priced in London is a variable term. Can you provide your budget range?

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 02:31 PM

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace in September for two nights, at GBP90 per night (all taxes included), in a quad room.

The room had four twin beds, just enough space to move between them and a good-sized bathroom (with an EXCELLENT shower).

Everything was clean and it had the "usual" amenities (hair dryer, TV, etc.).

The breakfast was OK (continental-type, not a full breakfast) and the people were very friendly.

I booked on londontown.com, but later found the same rate directly from the Comfort Inn.

It's about a block from Victoria Station and easily located in the area you requested.

Check it out!

Gayle
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 03:24 PM

I have friends who last year rented a flat for just a few days, from Citadines at their Trafalgar Square location, which is a great area to be in.
They had the advantage of being able to bring in and store some food for breakfasts and snacks (they didn't really want to do other cooking.)
They described the flat as quite basic, but clean. There is a front desk staffed 24-7. There are additional charges for services not included in the basic rate, such as daily maid service, extra towels, etc
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 01:35 AM

Hi

The best site I find for London hotels is www.lastminute.com. It offers great rates and detailed descriptions on the hotels

Katie
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:22 AM

Travel Inn County Hall and Marriott County Hall are often mentioned for good family rooms and location near the London Eye and across from Parliament. The Holiday Inn Mayfair is also a favorite for decent sized rooms, good location and fair price.

While I have used lastminute.com, do double check rates as they don't always have the lowest. Londontown.com, londonnights.com and laterooms.com are some others to check. If you book through a third party site (vs the hotel directly) make sure to print off your confirmation and take it with you. You should also confirm with the hotel directly.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:24 AM

Dolphin Square, while maybe not as centrally located as you'd like, is an apt style hotel that gets good reviews on tripadvisor and would provide some extra room and kitchen facilities not to mention an indoor pool.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 12:51 PM

That would be the Dolphin Square Hotel in Westminster. There is also another (un-affiliated) Dolphin Hotel in London.

Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:53 PM

Dolphin Square is in Westminster according to Priceline. But in real life it's in Pimlico