Tourist House Ghiberti, Florence

Old Nov 19th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tourist House Ghiberti, Florence

We've just booked our stay at the THG for March and I'm wondering if all the positive reviews are legitimate -- TripAdvisor is chock full of glowing recommendations. Has anyone here had personal experience with this B&B?

Is this too good to be true?

Thanks!
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 05:18 AM

We stayed at the Ghiberti for 3 nights last January and it's as good as everyone says. The rooms are spacious, attractive and super clean. Everything looks brand new and attention has been given to every detail. Having a computer in the room is a great perk, to say the least. The owners are sweet and attentive. Location is perfect. Relax, go for it and have a wonderful time !
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 05:25 AM
SRS

We stayed at Ghiberti for four nights this past August. It was one of the highlights of our trip, particularly since it wasn't too expensive!

An absolutely wonderful little place! Our room was huge, the air conditioning truly worked, the bathroom was big with a tub and shower curtain. Also included was internet access in the room. And of course, the place was spotless!

Claude and Cristelle (sp?) were wonderful hosts. Very helpful, but since they live there, they didn't get too involved with your business unless you asked them questions.

This is one of those cases where the hype is true. The building they are located in is really neat too - at least it was for us. It's very old (maybe 1400s or 1500s - they tell you in a brochere) and it is just charming.

You'll not regret your choice and you'll enjoy your stay - I feel sure it!

Best wishes,
Sally
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 05:34 AM

I'm guessing you've done a forum search, so you already know I liked it, but just so you know, I also gave THG a positive review on tripadvisor. In fact, I'd return in a heartbeat.

Off and on I have checked the tripadvisor reviews and more recent comments here, and not found anything blatently untrue. I did see one comment about Claudio not being warm & friendly. Maybe not, but he was professional, responsive and helpful to every request (before we arrived and during our stay). Their rooms, facilities and services are indeed as represented.

I doubt you'll be disappointed (unless that is, you expect your host to act as your long lost best friend). Do you have any specific concerns?

Old Nov 19th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all! I didn't have any specific concerns; I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't one of those places that is hyped by the owners and a slew of their friends (like 58 Via Cavour).

Now I'm reassured and even more excited about spending a week there next March.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 05:46 PM

We stayed there in September for four nights. Location great, (near Il Ritrovo) room nice, bathroom fine. Found Claudio rather aloof, but ready to respond to our needs. We appreciated the little elevator, the breakfast was nice, and having your own key to enter the building was fun. We would recommend this place.
Old Nov 21st, 2004, 10:13 PM

thanks for all..but Mrs Tries..i have stayed at 58 Cavour in Rome and this is a charming B&B in Rome...This wasn't one of those places that is hyped by the owners !! It is wonderfull, elegant and perfect to stay in Rome
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Now that we are back from our week in Florence and the Tourist House Ghiberti, I wanted to say that this B&B is all it is advertised as and more. It is a gem of a B&B, at a very reasonable price in what can be a very expensive city. Sheesh have prices gone up!

We had a huge room and large bath. The in-room computer was great (for checking Fodorite restaurant recommendations and email home), the heated towel bar a treat, and the minibar was a plus (and the prices were terrific). I've just posted a review on TripAdvisor that lists all the rest, but just wanted to post here that this place is the real thing. Plus, pay in cash and you receive a discount. It was wonderful.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:35 AM

Is there a website?
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:37 AM

Never mind, I found it... right where you might expect it to be. www.touristhouseghiberti