Rome hotel 100 euros or less

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rome hotel 100 euros or less

I will be in Rome on October 23 for 3 nighst. Need hotel centrally located for 100 euros or less...clean and safe most important....thank you.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:28 PM

Here's a recent link of a poster who wanted $150.00 or less for a Rome hotel, central area. This may help your search. Good luck!

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...t=0&dirtyBit=1
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 09:59 AM

ttt
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 11:22 AM
DRJ

Pensione Panda (with a website) is two blocks from Piazza Spagna on Via del Croce. We stayed there a month ago for under 100 euro. Have stayed there before and will again.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 11:50 AM

I believe this is the $150 thread Eileen meant to give you:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...ses=14&start=0
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 12:08 PM

Yes sorry you have the right one tuck TY!! I should not type at night
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 12:13 PM

I was in the same boat as you.
I just booked the B&B VIA SAVONAROLA for October 22 thru Oct 25.
I booked it very late (they just confirmed my room on Monday)
It is near the Vatican and 250 meters from the metro stop CIPRO - Musei Vaticani.
The price was $90 Euro a night includes breakfast, tax, tv and private bathroom.
I found it in on www.sleepinitaly.com
Good Luck with such short notice.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 12:22 PM

Try the Hotel Julia. I haven't stayed there but a friend of mine did and he said it was fine and worth the price.

http://www.hoteljulia.it/
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 01:35 PM

Hotel Smeraldo is located a block or two from Campo dei Fiori, and is clean and nice -- and under $100/E100. Room was small, but other than that, very nice, clean and centrally located. I found it from Frommer's Italy on $75/Day.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 08:32 PM

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Hotel Smeraldo. The room we were assigned (room 27) was a little larger than a closet, right on the street with constant street traffic. We salvaged our Rome visit by moving to the Mecenate Palace Hotel, which we were able to get for about the same price as the Smeraldo. This place has a great location, but is an absolute dump. The staff is rude, and wanted to charge us an additional night for our move -- they backed off that stance, but were not pleasant people to deal with.

A better choice in the Campo dei Fiori area is the Residenza Farnese.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 01:24 AM

For 60 euros a night, including breakfast, you can stay at the very centrally located Hotel Campo De' Fiori (http://www.hotelcampodefiori.com). It is located within walking distance to the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, San Pietro, Castel Sant'Angelo, etc.

The easiest way to get there from Roma Termini is to take the #64 Bus and get off at Corso Vittorio Emanuele stop (there is a McDonald's on your R side), just cross over the street and within minutes you are in the Campo de Fiori charming piazza area. The hotel is located on Via del Biscione, 6 and overlooks the piazza. Request a room on either floors 2 or 3, as the daily morning market and evening dinner crowds can get a bit boisterous at times. Excellent English-speaking staff available 24 hours a day to assist you with questions, directions, maps, etc. Overall, a terrific value in a great location!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 02:07 PM

In response to Phil's opinion of the Smeraldo...my experience has been the complete opposite. I've stayed there three times and since the renovation, the place was very nice. The help does not bend over backwards to be helpful, but I have always received the help I needed. The new double paned windows help with the noise, but if you try to get an inside room, only cooing pigeons will bother you. Last year their price was 104 Euro for a double with a very modern, clean, roomy bathroom. they also have some dormitory-like rooms for traveling students.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 02:22 PM

Phil... interesting response to my posting about the Smeraldo, since your experience somewhat resembled ours. We found our room to be very small, and decided to move to another hotel after the first night. The staff was rather rude to us too when we checked out early (understandably so, I thought, since we'd booked for a week and were more or less stiffing them). But I think the place is fine for someone looking for budget accomodations, not a top-notch hotel experience, and doesn't mind a small room.