"Real Rome" Apartments

Search

"Real Rome" Apartments

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Real Rome" Apartments

Has anyone used this company? The apartments seem nice and they are much cheaper than other ones that I have seen. They also rent for less than a week. Thanks.
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 05:43 PM

Hi dacwi,
I'll let you know in a few weeks. We leave Sat for Rome and staying there 6 days before heading to florence and venice. All I can say is I have been dealing with a super nice gentleman from Real Rome named Tim Pearson and he has been so accomadating, emails minutes after I ask him a question, and has answered every dumb question I have put to him. All I an say is so far I am very impressed. We check into Luce Split Level in Trastevere Sun. I'll let you know when we get back.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 07:56 AM

Hi Dacwi,
Hope you or anyone else that needs this message gets it. Just a note to say we returned from our 15 day Italy trip (trip report in progress) and our stay at the apartment we reserved from Real Rome was fantastic. The apartment was spotless. We arrived during the blackout on 9-28 and even though we took longer to get to the apartment, our contact Tim Pearson was waiting for us when we arrived. Tim is a fantastic guy and very helpful and accomadating. Even though this company seems realtively new, they went out of their way to make us happy. The apartment (Luce split level on their website realrome.com) we rented in Trastevere was in a great location, clean, with a well furnished kitchen that had plenty of dishes, pots and pans, and even spices etc. It had a gas stove, and a refrig. We had a tv, cd player, a nice collection of Rome/Italy travel books, washing machine, 2 baths, upstairs loft (with a queen sized comfy bed) with a pull out couch, plenty of storage,and only up on small set of stairs. We gave Tim cash 690 euro for 6 nites. (the price is cheaper compared to the number of nights you spend and you are not committed to one week intervals as in some other companies)Tim got us settled, and gave us his cell number. (English speaking operator will answer 24 hrs a day if needed)He had had some helpful advice on nearest grocery store, and transportation options. He even stopped by mid-stay and left a note telling us he left clean linens and asked is if there was anything we needed. We had an early train to catch to Florence and Tim arranged for us to just leave the key and go. Needless to say we were impressed and our stay was hassle free. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an apartment in Rome. We are already planning our trip to Italy for next year and will definately use this company again and probably even stay in the same apartment. In case you can't tell by my reply I was terribly impressed! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away or I can email you personally.
Just want to say thanks for everyone's help and will post our trip report as soon as we get settled.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 11:34 AM

Sounds fantastic! The price comes to just 115 euro/day, cheaper than a lot of hotels. I will definitely consider them for my next trip. Did you go to Florence? If so, where did you stay?