Hotel Jeanne De Arc

Search

Hotel Jeanne De Arc

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Jeanne De Arc

I have booked a room at the hotel Jeanne De Arc In the 4th Arr. Has anyone stayed there and what did you think of it? Also any special places I should not miss that are close by.
thanks,
Mike
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 03:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
check beatchick's report
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 04:13 PM

It's mentioned here just about daily, and reports are nearly all postitive. Here's a recent thread with comments from the above-nemd Beatchick:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34419021

To find others like it, type "jeanne AND arc AND hotel" in the text box at the top of this page. (The search function doesn't like punctuation marks as in d'arc....)
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 06:39 PM

I stayed there, and unfortunately it was just for one night! I found it charming. We had a large room--two double beds--and paid 92E. They were out of smaller rooms, but it was very nice and much, much larger than I expected. We also stayed in the Latin Quarter, and with some friends near the Champs Elysees. I thought the jeanne d'arc was a great location, althought very different from the other areas. Lots of great cafes, sightseeing, shopping, etc. The Picasso Museum is in the marais area. make sure you visit the "Jewish Quarter"--lots of great restaurants. One fo my favorite museums we visited (which you will not see mentioned alot) was the Carnavalet Museum (right around the corner from the hotel). It is the history of Paris (especially the French revolution!)and very interesting (check our Rick Steves paris for a great, and shortened tour). Metro stop is a few blocks away so it is easy to get around. Have fun!!
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 07:07 PM

We just stayed there last month. It is perfectly located...I love the location, I love the Marais. Paris Walks does two different Marais walks. We would have taken both if we'd been there long enough, but just did one. (we also did Montmartre and the Revolutionary War tour of St Germaine de Pres) One of our favorite museums is Carnavalet -- it tracks the history of Paris. The breakfast at the hotel is just fair, I would suggest visiting local patisseries...often you can also get coffee and some have places to sit and eat. The hotel staff is excellent, and the rooms neat and clean. We even had a shower curtain (with Disney's 1001 Dalmations on it!) in our bathroom! Our double had a queen size bed and cost 73 Euros/night. Shopping in the area is really good...you'll find some places with very good prices. One of my usual stops is a women's shop called Nina Jacobs. They carry clearance items from some designer places...it's a real mix. I picked up a lightweight black raincoat as it was unseasonably cool and rainy when we were there. Of course, the exquisite Place des Vosges is near, too.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 04:26 PM

OHMIGOSH - UhOH!! I think I had your room!! It was #51 - had the Dalmations shower curtain and Water Droplets wall cover thing. This is too cool.

I agree with UHOH - the breakfast is so-so. That's why I'd recommend going to either Miss Manon or Boulangerie Paul or the Jean Bart cafe tabac place. I think Miss Manon's opens up the earliest. They have places to sit, although just a few, and were very nice to me. Also, they are open on Sunday.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 04:26 AM
PLJ

Mike, I can recommend a very good little Basque restaurant on the same street as your hotel.

Auberge de Jarente
7, rue de Jarente
T# 01 42 77 49 35
Reservations recommended
Casual attire
Closed Sunday & Monday

Also in the neighbourhood, I really enjoyed L'As du Fallafel (34, rue des Rosiers) for a tasty and inexpensive fallafel lunch.
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 09:32 PM

topping
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 10:41 AM

ttt
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 07:09 PM

Does anyone know the websight or an email to this hotel?
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 07:17 PM

If you type any hotel name and its city into google.com, you'll almost *always* get its website. So "hotel jeanne d'arc paris" and voila!:

www.hoteljeannedarc.com/

This is actually a page on Parishotels.com, but an inquiry there is forwarded directly to the hotel, so they will reply and you book with their staff. (You can also check for availability instantly on this site.)

Alternatively, the hotel's e-mail is: [email protected]