Good Budget Hotel in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2003, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, <BR><BR>Can anyone reccomend a good budget hotel(or B&amp;B) in rome? <BR><BR>Thanks
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 11:05 AM

I don't know what you consider budget..but i stayed last April at the Hotel del Corso, comfortable and charming with a minibar and a hairdryer! , also very easy to walk to lots of great sights, it is right around the corner from the Spanish steps. cost about 100 euros/night. Their website is www.hoteldelcorsoroma.com<BR>if you go enjoy!
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

I just checked that website: <BR>rates range from <BR>165,27 to 232,41 Euros for a 2 person Double. This is the problem I am having with hotels - many people have told me about hotels that were 100 euros a night and I look them up they are double that. plus I am american and the Dollar is crap right now. Every place in Rome we have inquired about had rates double what guidebooks or people say ( we are trying to book may 31 to June 4) .What is going on? I would pay 80 to 125 euros - but very little is out there. <BR><BR>I did find one place B&amp;B Susy - has anyone heard of it? <BR><BR> <BR>
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 11:44 AM
DRJ

Try Pensione Panda on Via della Croce. Perfect location and they have a website. Double with bath was $83 last Septmber. They may direct you to Pensione Paradiso. I stayed there in a single two weeks ago for 35 euro per night. Clean and efficient.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 11:45 AM

Hotel Mirage (f/k/a Leale). http://www.emmeti.it/Welcome/Lazio/R...index.it.html/. It is across the street from the train station. Not the best area for sightseeing, but not bad either. If you are looking for a double around $100 that might be difficult in one of the prime areas. I stayed here in September one night before I flew home. I also have it booked again when I leave to go to Rome in a couple of weeks. I'm paying 50 euro a night for a single with private bath. The place is clean and the people are friendly.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 11:57 AM

I just booked a double room at Hotel Trastevere for 103 Euro/night. You can find more info and their email address in the Hotels section.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 01:07 PM

dgruzew- I can't help you with recommendations but can sympathize as I am running into the same thing? We stayed in a wonderful hotel 3 years ago and wish to stay there again. The rate (3 yrs ago) was around $75 and they are now quoting 220 Euro. Every place that should be 'moderate' is quoting over 200 euro- since we are staying for 3 nights, I cannot blow $700 for 3 nights of a 3 week vacation! <BR><BR>Do try for Pensione Panda - if they come back with any availability - grab it right away. I hesitated for a minute and the last rooms for my dates got taken. Many places that I have contacted are booked full (we will be in Rome the first week of May). <BR><BR>I finally booked a room recommended by Rick Steves'. I'm crazy about the location (near the train station), but at least it's a place to sleep. I am hoping there will be some cancellations at some of the places I do want to stay.<BR>Good luck!
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 02:23 PM

Try the Hotel Parlamento. It is in a<BR>great location near the Spanish Steps and a bargain for around 100 euro. My husband and I stayed there two years ago and would have returned last year, but there was no availability.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 04:31 PM

I am from Canada so travel for us is that much harder. Perhaps a drop in tourism will drive hotels rates back down some?
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 04:46 PM

For under 100 euro a night, perhaps take a look at eurocheapo.com, as well as letsgo.com. They both have lots of great suggestions in your price range.<BR><BR>The other option is a convent. I'll be staying at one in Trastevere for 65 euro a night for a single with bath. The book Bed and Blessings is a great resource if a convent stay interests you. Good luck!
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 06:28 PM

We're staying in Hotel Navona (you can find it with Google) which is right off Piazza Navona and paying 89Eu for single and 117EU for double including breakfast.<BR>I think it is an awesome deal (and believe me I searched and searched like any obsessed Fodorite would). They respond to e-mail promptly and require cash deposit (no CC's)<BR>Good luck!
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 06:38 PM

Try Residenza San Panteleo, near the Piazza Novana. I'm staying there in May for 105 Euro / night. Double room, private bath.
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the eurocheapo.com website - its a great site <BR><BR>How about bed and breakfasts - has any one tried any in Rome? <BR>
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 08:58 AM

www.hotelspringhouse.com<BR><BR>Hotel is up near the Vatican but very convenient to the Metro. Very nice staff, bicycles to get around the neighborhood, you get the &quot;feel&quot; of living in Rome.
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 09:04 AM
rex

Hopefully useful to this thread - - http://www.sleepinitaly.com/files/bb_roma.html - - I don't recall ever investigating any of these places firsthand.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>