Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels close to Piers In Seattle

Hotels close to Pier
Tagged: Washington
Post a reply to this message Jump to most recent post Share with a friend

Author: 2_byoung
Date: 01/23/2009, 06:06 pm

Will be taking a cruise in 2009 out of Seattle.

Would like suggestions of reasonable price and close Hotels to the Piers in Seattle.
What are views on Homewood Suite,or Crown Plaza,they have been been suggested.

Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Any & ALL hotels in Seattle's downtown core are fairly close to the piers. It would be a 5-10 min. taxi ride regardless.
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM

I've stayed at Homewood Suites a few times (including last week). It's a very decent place. Good location, nice large rooms with kitchen and living area, free happy hour drinks, snacks, and breakfast. Easy walk to the restos on lower Queen Anne and to Seattle Center (from which you can take the Monorail to Westlake Center in downtown). Downtown itself is a 30 minute walk, the Colman dock is about the same. I believe the hotel has a free shuttle that you can take to the cruise terminal.

They have been doing some renovations the last few months (I had a remodeled room last week and a pre-redo one in November, the updated one was very nice but the undone one wasn't bad). They seemed to be near the end of the project and you probaby wouldn't notice it unless you were in the hotel in the middle of the day anyway.
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 05:50 PM

We stayed at the Inn at the Market and could see our ship from our room the morning we checked out. The hotel gave us a complimentary ride in their Town Car to the pier.

The hotel may be more than you want to pay but it is very, very nice.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 06:25 AM

The Edgewater and Marriott Waterfront are the hotels closest to the cruise boat pier, but, as others have said, several downtown hotels are within a few blocks of the pier.

Old Jan 24th, 2009, 07:45 AM

I love the Edgewater! I doubt it is affordable but IMO, definitely worth the splurge. Amazing location, views, and style.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 08:08 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
More affordable, but very nice my two suggestions are Warwick Seattle or The Mayflower Park hotel.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
There are two cruise terminals. NCL and transients (e.g. a couple of Celebrity boats, some high end ones) use Terminal 66, which is located in the central waterfront area. The Edgewater is more or less next door and the Marriott more or less across the street. They tend to be more expensive than the chain hotels near Seattle Center, but you wouldn't need a cab to get to T66.

The other (weekly) sailings run by HAL and Princess will be using the new Terminal 91 facilities now completing construction. T91 is located a couple of miles north of the downtown area, and there are no hotels (nor many sightseeing destinations) especially close to that pier.

Your best bet to get to T91 will be a taxi; I'd imagine it will be $15 or so from most downtown hotels, including those located near Seattle Center, outside the free downtown bus zone. A cab from most downtown hotels to T66 will be around $10 most likely.

Prices for Seattle hotels during cruise season tend to be pretty high. If you stay in the Seattle Center area you might pay less for your room, but eat up the difference in transportation to/from sights in the downtown area.